In the previous post, I showed you what the week at the cabin was like. We also got to spend a few days before and after the cabin with my parents, and it was awesome. We were able to spend some time with just me, DJ, and my parents, and it was so great to see them get to spend some one-on-one time with DJ. These are the things I will remember forever and I am so grateful to have had some great, unscheduled play time together.
 |
| Jet and DJ have a love-hate relationship. DJ loves Jet, and Jet loves DJ when he's sleeping and eating. Once DJ's on the ground and awake, Jet isn't sure about DJ. This picture is a perfect example of that! |
 |
| Idaho sunsets kick all other sunsets in the bum! |
 |
| The only bad thing about this picture is that DJ looks like he's hating this. He loved it. LOVED it. Like, requested it over and over again and laughed the whole time. |
 |
| DJ is a good helper. |
 |
| Just Snapchatting with Lindsey, NBD. |
 |
| He would only go to sleep if Grandma put him down, and then only if he was cuddling her copy of Clifford. |
 |
| As you know if you are a regular reader of this blog, DJ and eating aren't always synonymous. That has changed, thanks to some awesome advice from his new pediatrician and my mom's amazing cooking. I swear we literally put weight on this kid while we were there. |
 |
| He stole Grandma's reading glasses. |
 |
| Maybe it's time to ditch the binky? |
 |
| I got to see both sets of my grandparents. I should have gotten a picture with my mom's parents, but I was a slacker. I did get some goodies with my dad's parents, Grandma and Grandpa Candy (because they always have a literal ton of candy at their house). DJ was full of hugs, kisses, cuddles, and showing off for them - that kid knows no shyness, and they loved it! |
 |
| Two of the greatest dudes I know. |
 |
| My grandparents are getting up there in years, and one day, I won't have them anymore. That makes me so sad because they are some of the most incredible people I know. However, they will leave nearly 200 descendants and a legacy of hilarious, loving, dedication and hard work. And I will cherish this picture for my entire life. |
 |
| My mom took DJ and I to the zoo. DJ loves the zoo, and he loves his grandma, so minus the "I have to push my own stroller or we're all gonna die" meltdown, it was awesome. |
 |
| If you go to the Idaho Falls zoo, you have to drink out of the lion drinking fountain. |
 |
| Grandpa met us for lunch at his favorite restaurant, Fiesta Ole. |
 |
| This is only part of what I picked one afternoon in my dad's garden. We always had a garden growing up, and I hated working in it. Now, I wish I had a garden, but Las Vegas and gardening don't exactly go hand in hand. I spent quite a bit of time in his garden, and so did DJ. We both really enjoyed it. One day, maybe if the fates align, I'll have my own garden. |
 |
| Lunch again with Grandpa before flying back to Vegas. He's just the best and I cannot even explain the may ways I look up to him. |
 |
| See? I told you Jet likes DJ when he's asleep! |
 |
| Selfie with my beautiful mom before we flew out. I love her. I want to be her when I grow up. |
 |
| Goofy selfie at the IF airport? Mmmkay. |
 |
| Goofy selfie on the plane? Yeah, sure! |
No comments:
Post a Comment