Monday, July 6, 2015

Idaho Weekend, Independence Day Style

So after Amber got married, we stuck around for a few days to hang out with family and celebrate the 4th Idaho Falls style. Friday was a wash (we were all recovering from wearing fancy shoes all day), but Saturday, we spent the day on Palisade Reservoir, got ice cream on the way back, ate hamburgers (the quintessential 4th food), and went to the Melaleuca Freedom Festival's fireworks show (it's legit - look it up if you haven't ever heard of it), and we got back today. I know, miracle that I'm writing about it now. So why don't I go ahead and show you how much fun we had?

DJ and Ellie liked to terrorize each other, hang out, and be besties

Cousin snack time!

Grandpa and Annie are BFFs

Ellie refused to get in the car to head out before smothering DJ with hugs. They are so darling!

Walking the greenbelt with Danny and Grandma. Okay, more like jumping the greenbelt.

Can we just talk about how beautiful Idaho is for a second? Especially Idaho Falls? I mean, I shot this with my cell phone camera. I love Idahome!

I will concede the point that Idaho has weird public art, though.

At least DJ got to both feed and ride some geese

While boating, I pulled out of the water on one ski for the first time in probably 5 years, so that's spectacular. It was awesome! After I was done, DJ hopped in with and paddled around for a bit. And I am going to go on the record by saying I know this picture isn't super flattering of me, but I don't care - it's a great shot of me sharing one of my favorite things with my kid. Suck it, mean voice in my head!


I don't know why I can't rotate this picture that Lindsey sent me of her, Danny, DJ, me, and Deg at the fireworks. Oh well!
 
It's always a bummer to leave Idahome, but thanks to Allegiant, we can get there and back for super cheap and with a direct flight. Now if only I could figure out how to enjoy my flights like this...

1 comment:

La said...

Thanks for the update on the wedding and the cute DJ I. He is such a stud.