Ok that is a misnomer. I'm charting the genealogy that's already been done. I needed something to keep me busy, and this did the trick! Plus, I felt like it was meaningful. Let me explain the project and then show you the results:
I took a poster-board and created enough space for 8 generations worth of people on it (I stopped at 8 because things were getting seriously squishy). I then got all of the name and date of birth/death information for all people on the chart. If I were good at math, I would tell you that there are 252 names on it, but I'm not good at math, so I won't. I used new.familysearch.org to get all of my information. After I got everything on, then came the tracing in permanent marker. Then I put on a title, looked up some fun, cute calligraphy borders I could actually draw to put on the top, traced those in permanent marker, and voila! Shall I show you? Well, okay, I guess I will!
This is the whole thing - if you wanna see it in detail, just click on it for a larger image.
This is a close-up view of some of the names and dates. You'll notice an "unknown" space. Amazingly, I only ran into 2 of those. Hall cousins, you'll remember that G&G went on a family history mission like 18 or so years ago. They literally charted the Zane and Maurine Hall line till it went no more. Like, sent people to other countries to research there kind of dead end. So when those say unknown, they truly are unknown.
These are just close-ups of some of the calligraphy.
So there you go - my personal 8 generation pedigree chart, which I am very proud of and which took up 10 hours of my time, which is a good thing these days!
No comments:
Post a Comment