Saturday, March 27, 2010

Alternate careers

I like being a teacher, I really do. But sometimes I fantasize about other jobs/career paths I might have taken...

* Nail artist - I'm sure I wouldn't want to do this for very long, but I do enjoy painting (sometimes very artistically) my nails and all my friends/sisters nails.
* Professional chef - I love cooking and playing around with food. Not only that, I'm fascinated with plating design and presentation. Sometimes I even dream about going back to school to become a licensed chef. But then I think about chef hours and remember that I like sleeping and that paying for a second bachelors isn't super smart. So I just play chef in my own house.
* Singer - Some days, my voice sounds pretty good. Other days, I wonder why I sing in public from time to time. However, I do fantasize about being on American Idol or having screaming fans at my concerts.
* Author - I still might be able to pull this one off one day, but I love the idea of having my ideas bound together and on display at Barnes and Noble. I guess that's the English major in me...
* Cosmetologist - I may not be a pro at my own hair (mostly because I get lazy) but I think it would be fun to do other people's hair. I really enjoy styling other people's hair and I must say that I'm pretty good with a box of store bought hair dye!
* Librarian - did you know you can get a masters to be a library curator? You get to do professional research for people and get to be in charge of the displays. It's not as dooey decimal as it seems, promise! I guess if I think about it, I'd enjoy being a museum curator, too.
* Archaeologist - I know, I know, not every archaeologist is just like Indiana Jones, but I think it would be really really cool to dig up new stuff and to learn the history behind everything you are digging up.


There's lots more things I've thought about doing, but I thought I'd just tell you about a few I've thought about.

No comments: