First of all, I would like to say that I conquered one of my fears today. I hate needles. Can't stand them. Even the thought of getting a shot makes me nervous. I'm not queezy, I just hate pain, and needles equal pain. So, after 4 years, I decided it was time for me to cave and get the flu shot. I figure if I keep having this nagging feeling to get the dang shot, the worst case scenario is I pay $15 to get poked. And that sounds way better than getting the flu. I don't do sick well. I stress about not being well and not being at work, which makes the whole "getting better" thing a bajillion times harder. So I went and got my flu shot at Target today. Good store. I bought a new pair of shoes, deodorant, a Diet Coke, almost bought a shirt, AND got the flu shot all in one location. My arm is sore as can be (stupid tiny needle), but I will not be getting the flu.
The second thing actually happened as I was pulling into our lot on my way home from being drugged by my local, friendly pharmacist. I pulled out the mail, and inside is a lovely large envelope addressed to Deg. Can you keep a secret? I hope so. Well, actually, I don't care who you tell, as long as you leave the feds out of it. See, I sort of committed mail fraud. I opened Deg's letter. (Is it really considered mail fraud when you're opening your spouse's mail?) Anyway... it was a letter from a university which he recently finished applying to for a graduate degree program in human computer interaction (aka masters in making computers work for the rest of us). And what kind of letter was it, you ask. Well... it was an acceptance letter! Woo hoo! Granted, it's the first school we've heard back from, but who cares? He got accepted to one! Best part? Because it's a computer science degree, it's all online. Classes are held at normal times, as you would expect, but they are done on the computer so you can literally do your classes from anywhere. You just have to be online and watching at the assigned times. So... not only do we have an in for grad school, but we don't have to move to a new state and I don't have to try to figure out new job-ness. Yay DePaul! (PS, to give you some background on DePaul, they are a Christian university based out of Chicago and they are in the top 5 schools that offer human computer interaction).


2 comments:
Um...I am with you on the whole needle issue. I HATE THEM!!! And yay for Deg!! Woohoo!
YAY! Congrats! And guess what? I hate needles for the very same reason- I HATE pain.. I was convinced I was not going to get an epidural when I had Samantha, because it requires such a huge needle (in my mind, larger needle= more pain).. Yeah, labor was painful enough I caved almost immediately. Oh well.
Post a Comment