Monday, October 14, 2013

DJ makes it through the first quarter of a year


(When I've posted measurements before, they've been taken by a doctor, and the percentages have been given to me by a doctor. Since babies don't get a 3 month check-up, these are from my own measurements and internet calculations. They could be total gibberish, but we're gonna go with it!)

This little nugget is getting chunky! Seriously, he has at least 2 chins. And he's adorable! We just love him. He's developing more and more into this cute little dude with an absolutely darling personality. Let's check out this month's developments:

  • DJ chews on EVERYTHING. My hand, Deg's hand, his hands, our shirts, my hair, any toys in his vicinity, his blankets, his binkies (because why would you suck on that?), his play mat...
  • Because of the chewing, he is drooling on everything, too. The day we took these pics, he drooled so badly that he was wet all the way down his onesie, past the bottom of the "3 months" design. He's not teething (that I can tell, but what do I know) - he's just a drool factory.
  • Little man has the sweetest little flirty moves ever. He loves to smile at you and bury his head in whoever is holding him. Fake bashful with the flirty smile? Fuggedaboudit.
  • He is now voluntarily rolling to his right side. All the time. Some times, he spends a good 15-20 minutes just rolling back and forth. He's got skills! He accomplishes the roll by first hoisting his legs straight up into the air and then using them to tip his body over. Seriously, it looks like an ab workout.
  • He is talking up a storm and will even blow raspberries at us. Baby spit never looked so good.
  • He likes to play a funny game with his dad where Dad kisses him on the cheek and he turns his head to try to eat Dad's nose. He will laugh and smile while doing this over and over and over again. I don't think he knows what the "prize" is if he wins this game...
  • He loves to stand. He doesn't like being held horizontally and doesn't totally love sitting, either. He wants to stand up and have you provide balance only - he will totally bear his own weight. I don't know if this means anything or not, but I wonder if we'll have an early walker on our hands.
  • He's starting to be able to interact with toys by grabbing them and chewing on them. Before, he mostly just stared at them and looked bored, so this is cool.
  • He loves music. His favorite song these days is "The Fox" by Ylvis. He loves songs that you can move and groove to, and my guess is that once he gets movement figured out, he'll be a dancing fool.
  • Most of the time, he turns to look at you when you say his name. I don't know if he's totally recognizing his name or if he's just reacting to someone talking to him, but it's cute!
  • Bath time is still the best thing in the entire world. He laughs so hard when it's naked time, loves to be held so he can run across the tub, and is even working on purposely splashing with his arms and legs.
  • The move was a little hard on him. Before, he was waking up maybe once or twice during the night, but since the move, we're back to 3 or 4 times. Ugh. He'll get it figured out, though! I think he thinks if he keeps doing this, he'll get to sleep in the bed with me (when we were driving here, we didn't have anywhere else to stick him in the hotel rooms, so Deg would be in one bed and DJ and I would be in the other, and he loves snuggling way too much to hate that idea). 
  • Also, thanks to the move, he now hates his car seat (except for on walks in the stroller) and HATES being in the car in the dark. Now, when in the car in the dark, we drive with the cab lights on and music blaring and a binky in the mouth to chew on. Poor guy - life is rough!
Is there more? Sure there is. I could go on all day. But I should probably go to bed or something. Really, what I'll probably do is get in bed, steal Deg's phone, and play Candy Crush until I am mad at myself about how tired I am.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's great that DJ gets his own postings...sure helps us faraway folks enjoy our newest grandchild a bit better. Jessica has given us the best gifts ever - lots of DJ info and videos. We never tire of watching them again and again. So thank you immensely, Jessica, for creating DJ's blog. He's a real charmer! Hugs, G&G Valentine