Have you ever had a humble pill and a happy dance experience in the same event? I have. In fact, it just happened to me. And you know what that means! Story time!
Let me start by telling you what happens at the end of the story. Then I'll actually tell you the story. I have been offered a teaching job for the upcoming school year. Huzzah!
Here's the story. I decided that it was time to apply for some teaching jobs. It was about April or May, and the time to apply was now. I mean, the worst thing that happens is that no one bites, right? So I sent in a bunch of resumes to different places. And waited. And waited. Nothing happened. I was a little bummed, but with the economy what it is and teaching jobs affected the way they are, such is life. Plus, I had this job as part of the front desk staff at a dermatologist's office, and there's always that, right? It's me - I have to have something or I'll be bored out of my mind. Well, time passed, and life moved on. Until the beginning of July, when I got a phone call from the Montessori school I'd applied to that is exactly one mile away from where I live. They wanted to take me on a tour and do a preliminary interview. Of course I jumped at the chance (and took the opportunity to go shopping for clothes - I mean, let's be real here). I spent 2 hours there and all seemed to be well, but it was a preliminary interview, so I didn't know how interested they were. I hoped for, but didn't expect, a phone call back. A week later, I got a call back.They asked me to do a teaching sample with them. They brought in a few students and had me teach linear equations. And then I left. And then I waited. And the next day, I got a phone call. And they offered me the job. I hung up, and I screamed so loud. I am so excited!
So why is it ha happy dance? Um... I got a job! I'm so pumped!
So why is it a humble pill? Well, I know there's no way this would have happened if Heavenly Father hadn't kicked it into overdrive with the blessings. I mean, dang. I guess being primary president is paying off, huh? Maybe I should be grateful for the calling and its challenges because of the blessings it affords me. Yeah, I think I'll start doing that.
Regardless, I will be teaching next year, and I just wanted you all to know. :)
3 comments:
That is so awesome Jess...wait... I mean Mrs. Valentine :)
congratulations! That is so great!
yawfreakin'haw! what grade and what specific subject? congrats and blessings are great:)
Post a Comment