Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that Santa brought you all what you wanted. I hope you saw the joy of someone receiving a great gift from you. But more importantly, I hope you were able to feel the Spirit bear testimony to you that Christ is the Son of God, the Prince of Peace, the King of Kings, and the Savior of the world. This Christmas, I hope you were able to remember the reason for the season, and more importantly, I hope you will be able to carry that spirit with you throughout the new year.
Might I suggest a way to help with this: see The Nativity Story that's playing in movie theaters. It's not made by the Church, but man, it is spectacular. The historical background and research that went into making it surpass anything I've seen in a film from that general time period of history. The setup was so great that I had no doubt as to why events happened that I hadn't quite put together before. And, especially for being a Hollywood film, it followed the plotline as outlined in the scriptures so well. There was no doubt in my mind that the events which were being depicted had actually happened; the spirit that accompanies the film is one of reverence and peace. Go see it. I'm not much for paying outrageous amounts for movies, but this is worth the $9 to see it.
Another suggestion, if I may: Study the Savior. Read of him, search the scriptures, learn of and follow what he says, implement in your life his council, act as he acts. If I may, I would suggest to everyone a challenge which I have issued to myself: know the Savior so well that thinking of him and praying to him would be the same as thinking of and talking to a friend. Know what the scriptures and prophets have said about him. He is our Lord and our Savior, the Eternal Christ. I know that, and I'm so excited to get to really know him this year.
May all the great things in this life find your door and may you have the determinaton and drive to seek them out.
Merry Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment